The garage door installation job is not as complicated as it sounds. As long as you have handy tools, a proper understanding of garage door mechanisms, and the skills to follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer, it can be done in just 4 to 5 hours. Remember, the larger garage doors are harder to install than the smaller garage door. Do you want to increase the security of your house with great views, click on the website https://garagedoorsanantoniotexas.com/garage-door-installation/ to get the right option?
At first, many small pieces and big hardware could overwhelm you. There are several components of the garage door that need to be considered such as, metal tracks, hinges, rollers, springs, cables, handles, struts, garage door panels, an opener, a lot of screws, bolts, and many more. Well, don’t worry, famous garage door manufacturers are now producing user’s friendly installation kits with simple instructions. There are still a lot of parts to be assembled in the right order. As long as you read the instructions carefully and follow them with proper attention, you will be able to come up with good results. It is strongly suggested that hire a professional garage door installer to get an efficient garage door.
Following mentioned points should be considered for installing a garage door:
- The first important point of the job is to remove the old garage door if there is one. It is strongly suggested to hire a professional garage door expert to help you with the task of removing the existing garage door because you may get hurt by the powerful springs of the current garage door.
- For smooth garage door operations, it should be aligned properly. The metal tracks should parallel each other so that the garage door runs smoothly. It is also important that the first section of the garage door must be installed to level because the remaining panels will stack on it.
- Make sure that you are using only the approved garage door hardware supplies by the registered manufacturer. Pay special attention to the bottom mounting brackets. Make sure that they are securely attached to the garage door. You should avoid stripping the bolts by over-tightening them.
- Standard single or small garage doors are easier to install. Make sure that the tracks of the garage door are securely supported and perfectly aligned. If they are not supported and aligned, the garage door falls while going up or down. There are some reported incidents where garage door falls from tracks and hurt people under it.
- Pay special attention to the procedure for the installation and adjustment of the garage door springs. After installing the springs, test the adjustment of tension. Open the garage door to its halfway, if it does not go up or down it has properly adjusted springs. Make sure that you are able to lift the garage door easily and it will stay at its marked position.
It is highly suggested that hire a professional garage door contractor for a garage door installation project since the garage door is large and heavy equipment. Well, if you are capable of doing something on your own, you will be able to save money and learn new techniques. But never attempt to remove or install the torsion springs on your own because they are under a high amount of pressure that can hurt you. Instead, it is strongly recommended that hire a professional garage door installation company to do this for you.